Things we would like to know about our furry guest, so that we can make his or her time here safe and enjoyable:
We absolutely love dogs of all shapes, sizes and breeds!
You are welcome to come and check out our facility and reserve boarding space here. Our kennel building and kennel apartment are 10 feet from our home.
We want to make your furry friend's stay here as pleasant as possible. We treat your pet as one of our family. We take caring for your pet very seriously and are honored that you trust us as your pet's steward while you are out of town or on vacation.
We ask that your pet come healthy, with a current vaccination. We will not accept dogs that have loose stools or are coughing or sneezing. And, we require that each dog boarding here have an annual Bordetella , given at least 2 weeks prior to being boarded at Solace.
What makes us different than other boarding facilities?
1. We love dogs!!! We love to give affection to dogs, to teach them, to care for them and enjoy animal communication and feedback. Being one of God's creatures, we truly believe that dogs are man's best friends.
2. We are a small owner operated facility, which allows us to care for your pet ourselves and make sure that his or her stay is safe, enjoyable and the longing for your return minimized.
3. Our facility is constructed such that it is safe and sanitary and with consideration for canine comfort.
4. I have over 40 years of experience raising and training dogs. I have always been a "dog whisperer" of sorts. Even as a child, neighborhood dogs that were capable of biting would lick my face. I know a great deal about dog health and can identify whenever something is "off" with a dog. I have a strong science background and worked 23 years for a science-based, federal government agency.
5. We have sound soothers and radios for your pet's comfort and if your pet doesn't like being by himself or herself, we can have one of our own (Aslan) stay with them, keeping them company, so loneliness won't be an issue.
Regular indoor/outdoor runs are $35 for the first dog and $20 for the second dog, when they share the same indoor/outdoor run in the regular run area.
Special suites indoor/outdoor runs are $55 for the first dog and $25 for the second dog, when they share the special suite. These 50 square foot suites have radiant floor heat and a sliding glass door that opens to the kennel apartment. It is the next best thing to being at home.